Tax Returns: Self Assessment and Corporation Tax

Statutory Accounts Filing & Tax Returns

tax returns image

Tax returns provided by Ovenden Bookkeeping and Accounting Services Ltd, Harwich & Clacton, Essex, UK

As a recognised agent with HM Revenue and Customs we take care of filing all statutory accounts, tax returns, calculating the correct liability and arranging payment by the correct deadlines and claiming any refunds due where too much tax has been paid previously, on behalf of our clients.

The services we offer are:-

VAT Returns

All businesses above the VAT threshold must register for VAT and some chose to register voluntarily. In either case VAT is a complex subject and there are penalties for late or incorrect returns which must now be filed online. There are also a number of different schemes to consider depending on the type of business activity you are involved in.We will prepare and submit your VAT return on time showing exactly how much you have bought and sold and how much is owed to HMRC or in some cases to your company.


All self-employed persons, company directors and anyone receiving income other than under PAYE will need to complete a self-assessment tax return. These are becoming more complex and as one might expect are likely to be beyond the scope of the “ordinary person in the street”

In order to claim the right allowances and calculate the correct taxes and payment by the deadlines it is advisable to let a professional do this for you. We can register ourselves as your agent and do this all for you.

Statutory Accounts And Corporation Tax Returns

All limited companies are required to prepare and submit statutory accounts in accordance with the Companies Act and submit these to HMRC and Companies House each year. A corporation tax return and payment of the amount must also be paid over to HMRC.

Also each year companies must renew their registration with Companies′ House and pay an annual fee. We can arrange all this on behalf of our clients and ensure that they remain compliant with both HMRC and Companies House.

Construction Industry Scheme

We can produce monthly contractor statements and submit contractor′s monthly returns to the Inland Revenue on your behalf.